With an emphasis on environmental responsibility and continuous training, TWIG pioneers to establish a new industry standard.
a letter from our founder.
When I dreamed about what Twig would represent, I declared to exclusively work with companies that stand for sustainability. Lets be honest, this is the beauty industry BUT, its manufacturing practices can be really UGLY.
True to form, Twig vision prioritizes continuous education. 48 Tuesday mornings each year are dedicated to training our team. Not only do we continue to master techniques of our always evolving craft, but we love expanding our knowledge on the latest and safest technologies in product and color offerings.
With intent, we strive to find remedies that help turn back the clock or make it stop all together. In the quest to find the fountain of youth, lies the hardest task of all: deciphering the truth. Hidden among the numerous pages that consume the internet, lies a massive amount of conflicting information.
I have made a decision to trust the companies that have chemists working with them. The chemist must be embedded within their company. Transparency to the heart of a company's ethics is the most beautiful basis of our relationship with our partner companies. True beauty always starts within.
I'll be honest, I've given up on listing all the ingredients that you should attempt to avoid and here is why:
- If I had a penny for every time one study trumped another, I'd be sitting on a mountain of copper.
- I am not a scientist. If there is one think I have learned, it is that one ingredient by itself could be safe but when combined with another safe ingredient, all of a sudden you may have a toxic cocktail. It is complex. Way too complex to just list on a website and remember, I am not a scientist.
- What is harmful to one isn't necessarily harmful to another. It is our responsibility as humans to listen to our bodies and pay attention to its reaction, on an individual basis.
Here are some of the sustainable initiatives we have taken as a company:
- Partner with companies that use as many whole and organic ingredients as possible.
- Give back and be responsible by participating in the LifeGate Zero Impact project (reforesting to offset production)
- Support small batch, local makers as vendors in our boutique
- Order and retail in bulk sizes to minimize packaging
- Use products that use as little of packaging as possible, along with efficient, recycled and/or recyclable packaging.
- Use energy efficient appliances and lighting options
- Have the doors open instead of using air conditioning when possible
- Harvest our own homegrown, organic herbs to use in our daily spa water
- Be virtually 98% paperless as a company
- Refinish vintage furniture when possible
- Use green cleaning agents
At Twig you can find a collection of hair and body care products that have been researched thoroughly. Nothing is 100% safe due to the lack of research that has not been obtained on newer ingredients. Proper research can take decades and new ingredients do not have the gift of time on their side. It is also a tricky line to walk when trying to make a product last in your shower or cabinet longer than 2 weeks without storing it in the refrigerator. What I can promise you is that new information is coming forth day after day, and I promise to keep on top of the latest and safest, not only for my family, but for yours too.
Jennifer, Founder of TWIG hair lounge. est. 2009
2653 Gateway Road
Carlsbad, CA 92009
Th + F 9a-6p
Our concierge team loves to match up each TWIG guest with the best suited designer to fit your specific needs. Our goal is for you to love your hair so much that you help to spread the secret.
With continued education as our core value, we find your feedback incredibly valuable. Please contact us with any compliments or concerns. We promise to get back to you as quickly as possible.