So here's a take on the traditional fishtail braid. If you're just beginning make sure to use a hair tie to start.
- Brush your hair to get any kinks out.
- Split your hair into 2 equal parts.
- Take a small section of hair from the left side and cross it over to the right section. Small sections are key to have this braid looking best.
- Then, take a small section of hair from the right side and cross it over to the left side.
- Repeat all the way down your hair and end with a hair tie.
TIP: If you want your braid to look fuller, gently pull at the sides from top to bottom. Voila - fishtail braid!
How to Fishtail Fiesta - pictured above
If you feel like you have the technique down, start with 3 sections of hair and do 3 separate fishtail braids-don't forget to pull at the sides. Then, braid these together like a basic braid - left over middle, right over left (now middle), repeat.
Now you have reached Boss Level for Fishtail Braiding. Keep following our blog to see where our Parade goes next.